VENDORS TO INCREASE INVESTMENT IN SALES CHANNELS IN 2014
parago survey shows vendors increasing channel spend, partner recruitment and diversification
The 2014 parago Channel Strategy Report, "Simplicity Drives Success," revealed that vendor budgets are growing and incentive programs, simplicity for the user and transition to the hybrid model are all key areas of focus. The survey was coordinated by parago, the channel simplifier.
“Our survey found that vendors of all sizes are keen to invest in partner incentive programs in 2014, to engage with existing partners as well as attract more,” said Dan Hawtof, parago Vice President of Business Solutions, Global Channel and Employee. "With the heavy competition for partners, program differentiation and ease of use are key to success.”
The full parago 2014 Channel Strategy Report can be downloaded for free here.
Key findings from the survey include:
- 75% of vendors increased or maintained their partner incentive participation in 2013.
- The majority of vendors do not feel that their programs are 'easy to use.'
- 95% of vendors surveyed will increase or maintain partner incentive spend in 2014.
- The #1 2014 initiative is simplifying the identification and recruitment of new partners.
- 75% of vendors will be adding new sales enablement tools next year.
- 3 of 5 vendors are adding cloud services in 2014.
- Only 1 in 10 vendors generates more than 90% of revenue from the cloud.
The vendor survey was completed in August 2013 via independent online delivery. More than 60 vendors ranging in size from small (less than $1 Million in revenue) to large (more than $1 Billion in revenue) responded to a 25-question survey that explored their channel partner marketing programs and partner priorities and strategies for 2014. All vendors are members of the Baptie Channel Focus Community, a resource for executives working with the channels in the IT and telecoms industries.
About parago channel
parago simplifies channel engagement for greater ROI with industry leading insights and flexible technology through global and local incentives, marketing and partner relationship management. We currently serve more than 20 channel clients with 3 million partners worldwide. Learn more at parago.com/channel and @paragochannel.