7th Annual Hamilton Behind the Camera Awards Honored Off-Screen Heroes on November 10th in Los Angeles
Event Produced in Conjunction with Los Angeles Confidential Magazine – Presenters Included
Lenny Kravitz, Amy Adams, Zoe Saldana, Casey Affleck, Jeremy Renner and more
November 11th, 2013 /PRNewswire/— Hamilton watches, known for their pioneering role in the worlds of aviation and cinema as well as their innovative timekeeping technology, hosted the 7th annual Hamilton Behind the Camera Awards last night at the Ebell of Los Angeles. The awards ceremony, co-hosted by Niche Media’s Los Angeles Confidential magazine, paid tribute to the brilliant behind-the-scenes talents whose individual work has contributed to the quality of a motion picture and to the lasting impression that it has left on movie audiences.
Elisabeth Röhm hosted the awards with presentations by an elite list of award-winning actors, actresses and filmmakers including: Lenny Kravitz, Amy Adams, Sandra Oh, Casey Affleck, Zoe Saldana, Jason Reitman, Bruce Dern, Jeremy Renner and others.
The Hamilton Behind the Camera 2013 Awards honored:
The list of honorees and presenters for the Hamilton Behind the Camera 2013 Awards include:
- Director: David O. Russell, “American Hustle” presented by Academy Award and Golden Globe nominee Jeremy Renner
- Foreign Film/Director: Haiffa Al Mansour, “Wadjda”
- Screenwriters: Brad Ingelsby and Scott Cooper, “Out Of The Furnace” presented by Academy Award and Golden Globe nominated actor Casey Affleck
- Producers: Robbie Brenner and Rachel Winter, “Dallas Buyers Club” presented by Award winning actress Zoe Saldana
- Casting Directors: Billy Hopkins and Leah Daniels-Butler, “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” presented by Actor and Grammy Award Winning singer/songwriter Lenny Kravitz
- Production Designer: Jess Gonchor, “Inside Llewyn Davis” presented by the movie’s Executive Producer, Robert Graf
- Film Editor: Dana E. Glauberman, “Labor Day” presented by Academy Award and Golden Globe nominated Director, Screenwriter and Producer Jason Reitman
- Costume Designer: Michael Wilkinson, “American Hustle” presented by Academy Award and Golden Globe nominated actress Amy Adams
- Property Master: Brad Einhorn, “Behind The Candelabra” presented by Award nominated actor Joe Manganiello
- Lifetime Achievement in Cinematography: Phedon Papamichael, ASC, “Nebraska” presented by Academy Award and Golden Globe Nominated Actor Bruce Dern
Of Hamilton’s relationship with Hollywood, Sylvain Dolla, CEO of Hamilton International said, “A watch has a lot in common with a good film. At Hamilton, we develop our watches with the same passion and commitment needed by filmmakers when creating their movies. We also have the same goal: to inspire our audience. Over the course of the six decades that we’ve collaborated with filmmakers, Hamilton watches have helped prop masters and costume designers to bring authenticity to characters. In Pearl Harbor for example, to stay true to history, Hamilton military watches were worn by all the pilots.”
The honorees were selected from movies that were released during the year and/or qualified and presented at the most recent prestigious movie festivals of Cannes, Toronto and Venice as well as at the Festival of the American Film Institute.
Hamilton was founded in 1892 in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, USA and today its watches combine the American spirit with the unrivalled precision of the latest Swiss movements and technologies. Since 1951 the brand’s distinctive watches have caught the attention of the world’s leading screen stylists. Their eye-catching shapes, modern materials and unique designs have earned them appearances in more than 400 films, including Hollywood blockbusters as well as European, Chinese and Russian productions. Throughout the years, Hamilton has created a tradition of integrating its signature styles with epic storylines – from Stanley Kubrick’s futuristic 2001: A Space Odyssey to sci-fi stand-outs I Am Legend and the fan-favorite Men In Black trilogy. In 2013 the brand reclaimed its role in the Die Hard series, when it appeared on the wrists of the stars in the latest installment, A Good Day to Die Hard. Hamilton is a member of the Swatch group, the largest watch manufacturer and distributor in the world with 160 production sites in Switzerland. www.hamiltonwatch.com
For more information: Samira Kaelin, email@example.com, +41 32 343 38 63
Los Angeles Confidential magazine is the premiere glossy publication in Los Angeles, celebrating the finest in fashion, art, beauty, culture, dining, entertainment, interior design, nightlife and travel. Los Angeles Confidential covers the hottest trends and most influential players and tastemakers from an insider’s point of view. Los Angeles Confidential is published by Niche Media Holdings LLC., a subsidiary of The Greenspun Corporation (TGC), which traces its roots back to the launch of the Las Vegas Sun in 1950. Niche Media is the country’s preeminent regional lifestyle publishing company, whose city-specific publications include Art Basel Miami Beach, Aspen Peak, Boston Common, Capitol File, Gotham, Hamptons, Los Angeles Confidential, Michigan Avenue, Ocean Drive, Philadelphia Style, Vegas and Wynn. TGC publications include Las Vegas Magazine, Las Vegas Weekly, VEGAS INC and Vegas2Go. TGC and Niche Media titles exceed 30,000 pages with a combined annual distribution of 19 million copies nationally.