TICKETS ON SALE NOW AT VEGASUNCORKED.COM FOR THE EIGHTH ANNUAL VEGAS UNCORK’D BY BON APPÉTIT
ARIA and The Venetian Join Bellagio, Caesars Palace and MGM Grand for the Largest Ever Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit May 8-11
Tickets on sale today at VegasUncorked.com.
“Four days in the Las Vegas sun celebrating 70 of the world’s best chefs, 20 of the most talented Master Sommeliers and 50 amazing events is my perfect weekend,” says Bon Appétit editor in chief Adam Rapoport. “Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit, entering its eighth year, is not to be missed.”
“Las Vegas continues to redefine the essence of epicurean excellence by offering the most comprehensive collection of distinguished chefs, Master Sommeliers and celebrated restaurants in the world,” said Cathy Tull, senior vice president of marketing for the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority. “This year we are thrilled to welcome additional resorts, chefs and unique, one-of-a-kind experiences to Vegas Uncork’d by Bon Appétit, as it provides our guests with unparalleled access to legendary chefs and sommeliers in truly intimate settings, while showcasing Las Vegas as the culinary mecca it has become.”
Chase Sapphire Preferred, a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining, is the presenting sponsor of this year’s Vegas Uncork'd by Bon Appétit. Chase Sapphire cardholders will enjoy reserved tickets to coveted events and have exclusive access to interactive experiences with chefs, including an intimate meet-and-greet with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa and learn what it takes to create Japanese specialties.
New and notable this year:
- Krug Chef’s Table at Master Series Dinner: Dinnertime Decadence with Guy Savoy, Thursday, May 8: Experience exclusive like never before and be one of six at the Chef’s table – the only portal into renowned chef Guy Savoy’s den at Caesars Palace. At the only Krug Chef’s Table in the U.S., guests will sip luxurious Krug Champagne and dine on a special menu prepared by the Michelin-starred chef himself.
- The Night Market: East Meets West, Thursday, May 8: Join top chefs from The Venetian such as Mario Batali, Thomas Keller, Buddy Valastro and Justin Quek, as well as the outstanding chefs from Singapore's Marina Bay Sands as they bring the true night market experience to you with an array of Asian-inspired dishes and drinks.
- Second Annual Chase Sapphire Preferred Grill Challenge, Thursday, May 8: Two Le Cordon Bleu College of Culinary Arts students will get a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to compete with two world-class chefs, including Buddy Valastro, from the hit television series Cake Boss. The teams will battle it out during The Night Market at The Venetian for a $20,000 scholarship, courtesy of Chase Sapphire Preferred.
- A Twist on Dinner: The Perfect Pairing of Shawn McClain and Pierre Gagnaire, Thursday, May 8: Join Mandarin Oriental’s Pierre Gagnaire, a Michelin three-star chef, and ARIA award-winning chef Shawn McClain as they put their signature fresh-flavor twists on a unique dinner featuring thought-provoking wine pairings.
- Sushi & Sake with Chef Nobu Matsuhisa, Friday, May 9: Culinary master and sushi connoisseur Nobu Matsuhisa shows lucky attendees how to roll sushi and sip the best of sakes at Caesars Palace. Discover his inventive "Nobu Style" that fuses classic sushi-making techniques with unexpected ingredients.
- The Perfect Pairing: Art & Wine, Friday, May 9: Soak up fine works of art while sipping an array of wine in this high-culture pairing from Bellagio’s Master Sommelier and Wine Director Jason Smith and Bellagio Gallery of Fine Art Executive Director Tarissa Tiberti. Light bites from Picasso will be served.
- Michael Mina’s Poolside Pig Roast & Beer Garden, Friday, May 9: Michael Mina hosts a full-on outdoor shindig complete with succulent whole roasted pig, barbecue favorites, and a bevy of ice-cold beers. Chill outside to the sound of upbeat live music and savor special dishes from Michael Mina's PUB 1842 at MGM Grand.
- Legendary Lunch with Le Cirque, Saturday, May 10: Enjoy fabulous views of The Fountains of Bellagio during this extraordinary luncheon at AAA Five Diamond Award-winning restaurant Le Cirque. Executive Chef Paul Lee will create a spectacular four-course meal perfectly paired with wines hand selected by Flower’s Winery Master Sommelier Larry Stone.
- Fire & Ice: A Flame-Grilled Feast Over Cool Cocktails, Saturday, May 10: Royden Ellamar, Executive Chef of Sensi at Bellagio, will heighten senses as he explores the ancient methods of cooking meat with live fire, ash and smoke while Master Mixologist Ricardo Murcia cools things down with creative cocktails incorporating ice and fire by the pool at Bellagio. Prime beef and game will get charred by white oak embers while a whole lamb roasts over pecan logs. Farmers' market vegetables will cook in the ashes of a smoldering fire pit and a bespoke ice smoking chamber will be filled with seafood and wisps of orange wood smoke.
- Mother’s Day Weekend Brunch, Saturday, May 10: Brush elbows with all-star chefs including Shawn McClain and Masa Takayama at this chic day party at ARIA where guests will dine on a bountiful brunch paired with world-class wines.
Returning favorites include:
- Grand Tasting, Friday, May 9: Enjoy a staggering variety of signature dishes prepared by the world's most celebrated chefs. The dramatic five-acre Garden of the Gods Pool Oasis at Caesars Palace will feature more than 50 award-winning chefs and more than 100 of the best wines and spirits from around the world. The after party will be held at the newly opened FIZZ Las Vegas where guests can indulge on the best of champagnes and mingle with celebrity chefs all while enjoying the colored photography from the private collection of the lounge’s creative director David Furnish and Sir Elton John.
- When in France: A Joёl Robuchon Dinner, Saturday, May 10: Named France's Chef of the Century by the esteemed Gault Millau restaurant guide and the most starred chef in the world, Joël Robuchon hosts two private dinners with one-of-a-kind, six-course menu and wine pairing at his namesake MGM Grand restaurant for a night to be remembered.
ABOUT Bon Appétit
Food is culture and Bon Appétit is where food and culture intersect in your life. Bon Appétit, in all its formats (print, digital, products, events) delivers not just recipes, tips, and techniques, but a world of lush travel, high-gloss entertaining, and up-to-the-minute restaurant coverage. It’s a visually arresting publication, driven by excellent photography, clean graphics, and headlines that pop. And notable faces, too: Each issue features of-the-moment tastemakers, from chefs and restaurateurs to fashion designers and celebrities. All of these elements combine to make Bon Appétit the largest epicurean magazine in America with the most affluent readership.
About the LVCVA
The Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority (LVCVA) is charged with marketing Southern Nevada as a tourism and convention destination worldwide, and also with operating the Las Vegas Convention Center and Cashman Center. With more than 150,000 hotel rooms in Las Vegas alone and 10.8 million square feet of meeting and exhibit space citywide, the LVCVA's mission centers on attracting ever increasing numbers of leisure and business visitors to the area. For more information, go to www.lvcva.com or www.LasVegas.com.
About Chase Sapphire Preferred
Chase Sapphire Preferred is a premier rewards credit card for people who are passionate about travel and dining. With Sapphire Preferred you enjoy premium travel rewards and benefits with no travel restrictions or blackout dates on airfare booked through Ultimate Rewards, double points for every dollar spent on dining and travel, no foreign transaction fees, 1:1 point transfer to leading frequent travel programs, 24/7 live customer service, access to exclusive cardmember experiences and more. More information is available at www.chasesapphire.com/preferred.
Clara Tsang, Kirvin Doak Communications
CTsang@kirvindoak.com / (702) 737-3100
Tom Dietz, R&R Partners
Tom.Dietz@rrpartners.com / (702) 318-4344