CONCERNED ABOUT CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT? #ShareYourPrayer ONLINE TO COMMEMORATE “BLUE SUNDAY” ON APRIL 27
Campaign urges faith-driven response to epidemic
#ShareYourPrayer with a video and help us go viral:
How to #ShareYourPrayer:
- Record a 6 to 90-second video of your prayer
- Upload or post the video to Instagram, Vine, YouTube or Vimeo
- Share the video with @ShprdNextGen on Twitter, using the hashtag #ShareYourPrayer
The campaign encourages everyone who cares about children to participate, regardless of video experience. Shepherding the Next Generation will “Retweet” many videos.
Your video could be chosen for extensive visibility through Shepherding the Next Generation’s online community. Videos will be selected with the help of three advisors:
- Paul Strand, Senior Washington Correspondent, Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN). (Twitter@PaulStrandCBN; Facebook.com/PaulStrandCBN)
- Jay Dennis, Senior Pastor of the First Baptist Church at the Mall, Lakeland, Florida, serving over 9,000 members and author of six books, including The Jesus Habits, Exercising the Spiritual Disciplines of Jesus.
- Thomas Pearce, National Director, Shepherding the Next Generation.
We will announce the winning videos on Wednesday, April 23rd.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW TO #SHAREYOURPRAYER
Make it real: Help people realize that more than 680,000 children are abused and neglected each year; some are probably from your community.
Make it creative: There are no rules. Say your prayer directly into the camera, use motion graphics, use actors and music, and/or share personal experiences. The possibilities are endless.
Make it inspiring, with a call-to-action: Your #ShareYourPrayer video is a powerful expression and should encourage people to take action. Direct viewers of your video to www.shepherdingthenextgeneration.org/
bluesunday/shareyourprayer/ to learn how they can protect vulnerable kids.