AMERICA’S FIRST CAT CAFÉ NOW OPEN IN NEW YORK
Purina ONE® teams up with television host Carrie Ann Inaba to unveil café where cats are the “stars”
Located at 168 Bowery, the Cat Café by Purina ONE is open through Sunday, April 27 for people to drop by for coffee and cat-focused conversation. Experts will be on hand to talk about different topics related to cat health and behavior. Additionally, adoptable cats from North Shore Animal League America (NSALA) will mingle with guests.
Carrie Ann Inaba, a judge on ABC’s Dancing with the Stars and founder of The Carrie Ann Inaba Animal Project, will be the featured speaker on the first day of the café. The passionate pet advocate has seen remarkable changes in her cats, Mimi and Blizzard, since taking the Purina ONE 28 Day Challenge by switching their food to Purina ONE. “I had no idea the difference the food I selected could make in both my cats’ bodies and activity levels. I’m so excited to share my experience with others at the Cat Café.”
Speakers will focus on different aspects of cat health, behavior and their own personal experiences with cats. The schedule includes:
Thursday, April 24
- 11:30 a.m: Carrie Ann Inaba will share her experience with the 28 Day Challenge
- 5:30 p.m.: Dr. Deb Greco, Purina Veterinarian, will discuss how cat owners can confirm their cat’s health every day
Friday, April 25
- 11:30 a.m.: Suzanne Hetts, Ph.D., Certified Animal Behaviorist, will discuss cat behavior and communication as a window into cat health
- 5:30 p.m.: Linda Griggs, Artist, will discuss how cat health inspired her to design the cat structures within the Cat Café
Saturday, April 26
- 11:30 a.m.:
- Christina Travalja, NSALA Shelter Director, will discuss the benefits of cat adoption and maintaining a happy, healthy cat once at home
- Dorit Shevach-Shani, NSALA Feline Behaviorist will discuss how to acclimate a newly adopted feline to unfamiliar surroundings
- Noon – 4 p.m.: NSALA cat adoption event
- 5:30 p.m.: Valerie Shaff, Photographer, will discuss how she highlights the beautiful signs of health in the cats she photographs
Sunday, April 27
- Adopted cats are picked up to go to their forever homes
For cat owners outside New York City, the café speakers will be live streamed at http://new.livestream.com/PurinaONE/CatCafe. You can also submit questions and follow along on Twitter (https://twitter.com/purinaonecat) using the hashtag #CatCafe.
For more information about the Cat Café, go to www.purinaONE.com/CatCafe.
To sign up for the Purina ONE 28 Day Challenge, go to www.purinaONE.com/OneSmartChange.
Find Purina ONE on Facebook at https://facebook.com/PurinaONECats.
About Purina ONE brand cat food
At Purina ONE, we draw from our deep understanding of cats to develop products that help deliver a visible difference in your cat. Our goal is to provide outstanding nutrition that helps support your cat’s whole-body health throughout their lifetime.
About Nestlé Purina
Nestlé Purina PetCare Company is a global leader in the pet care industry and promotes responsible pet care, humane education, community involvement and the positive bond between people and their pets. The North American headquarters for Nestlé Purina is located at Checkerboard Square in St. Louis, Missouri. Nestlé Purina is part of Swiss-based Nestlé, the world’s leading nutrition, health and wellness company.
About North Shore Animal League America
Animal League America has saved more than 1,000,000 lives. As the world’s largest no-kill rescue and adoption organization, we understand that a rescue isn’t complete until each animal is placed into a loving home. Our innovative programs provide education to reduce animal cruelty and advance standards in animal welfare. We reach across the country to rescue animals from overcrowded shelters, unwanted litters, puppy mills, natural disasters and other emergencies and find them permanent, loving homes.