"Pluto.TV is revolutionizing the way people enjoy video content online," said Pluto.TV co-¬founder and chairman Nick Grouf. "We're making the process of discovering new content easy by delivering free programming around areas of interest anytime, anywhere. Pluto.TV has done the heavy lifting for you, so you can sit back, watch, and enjoy."
With nearly 100 channels programmed to specific interests (hip-hop, snow, surf, food, health & fitness, fashion, travel, dance, extreme sports, sketch comedy and many more) there are hundreds of highly-curated shows as well as videos from the most popular content creators on the web.
For example, the Stand Up Comedy channel has shows like "NSFW Comedy," or "Women of Stand Up"; while Backstage Comedy features "Talking Shop with Louis C.K.," "The B.S. Report" and "Getting Doug with High." Or check out the Xtreme Sports channel to watch "Epic Wipeouts," "Flying with Wing Suits" and "Parkour." If you like cats, then you'll love Pluto.TV's 24/7 cats channel with programs like "Big Cats," "Famous Felines," "Scaredy Cats" and many more. If you're more of a dog person, don't worry, there's a special dog-friendly channel for you to love too. In addition, the platform has partnered with Funny or Die, RocketJump, IconicTV (JAY Z's Life+Times), The Young Turks, Refinery 29 and QVC among others, to offer dedicated channels on Pluto.TV.
"Joining Pluto.TV's platform enables us to attract a broader audience with its easy to use interface," said Mitch Galbraith, COO & President Digital at Funny or Die. "It's a natural fit for our brand— offering a one-stop shop for Funny or Die video content to keep people laughing."
On March 31st at 8:00 p.m. eastern and pacific, the platform will kick-off with the debut of Primetime on Pluto where you can tune-in and experience content collaborations by an array of notable guest curators packaged into 30-minute shows. From Grammy®-nominated artist Nas’ all-time favorite music videos on “Hip Hop (Channel 106)” to Scandal actress Darby Stanchfield’s candy bar crush on “Food (Channel 604)” and Cat Cora’s hit gardening, décor and parenting clips on “Crafts & Home (Channel 610)”— Pluto.TV has something for everyone. And there’s more! On “Indie Music (Channel 108),” fashion retailer and lifestyle brand, Nasty Gal, will participate with a mash-up of moments around music, movies, TV and other cool finds. Each curation is set to roll out across the platform as part of Pluto.TV’s launch— so tune-in and turn up the volume at 8:00 p.m. ET/PT for Primetime on Pluto
"Innovation and technology have made it possible for artists to share their music and connect with audiences all over the world, at any moment," said Nas. "Now, with Pluto.TV, artists have the ability to deepen these interactions and encourage fans to explore and discover even more. The platform is in a powerful position to revolutionize entertainment and media— it's an incredible way to showcase artists, support collaborations, and engage audiences in must-see online viewing."
The unique features of Pluto.TV include:
- Curated Channels: Pluto.TV's experts watch and handpick the best video content across areas of interests and passions so you don't have to search for it.
- Popular Content: Pluto.TV's partners create some of the most popular content on the web and include Funny or Die, RocketJump, The Young Turks, Refinery 29, QVC and IconicTV (JAY Z's Life+Times).
- Easy Access: You can go directly to the platform and begin immediately watching content. If you are interested in the social aspect of the platform, you can log-in using your Facebook or email address.
- Intuitive channel guide: You can select channels and programs with the ease of a guide. From the home screen, you can see the programming schedule, find out what's coming up, and read through descriptions to help decide what to watch.
- Personalization: Right under the home screen, there's a navigation bar that allows you to create a personal "favorites" list. You can "star" your favorite channels and programs for customized access to preferred shows.
- DVR: If you like what you see, you can rewind, fast-forward or pause.
- Multi-platform: The Pluto.TV mobile app is available for both tablets and smart phones on iOS and Android. Pluto.TV is available for free at http://pluto.tv and can be downloaded immediately on Apple’s iTunes store and Android’s Google Play store. Pluto supports Chromecast and Apple TV and will be supporting TV's and other living room devices in the future.
- Social features: Pluto.TV is built for sharing with social features such as live chat that allows you to talk with friends and family in real time, as well as share what shows you're into by notifying your friends. You have the option to invite friends over to watch or share through social media.
Pluto.TV was co-founded by seasoned entrepreneurs Nick Grouf, Ilya Pozin and Tom Ryan. The company's investors and advisors include Terry Semel's Windsor Media; Jeremy Zimmer, CEO, UTA; Avram Miller, founder, Intel Capital; Mich Mathews, former CMO, Microsoft; Chris Silbermann, president and partner, ICM; Nas & Anthony Saleh's Queensbridge Venture Partners; Jonathan Nelson, CEO Omnicom Digital, Omnicom Group Inc.; Tom Whalley, former CEO, Warner Bros. Records and co-¬‐founder, Interscope Records; and Jamie Tarses, former president, ABC Entertainment.
Additional information and screenshots of the app are available on Pluto.TV's press page at http://corporate.pluto.tv/press. You can watch Pluto.TV’s sizzle reel here: http://youtu.be/atNBbc6ofiE; and to connect across social media, follow Pluto.TV on Facebook at www.facebook.com/PlutoTV; Twitter @PlutoTV and Instagram @PlutoTV.
Pluto.TV is an entertainment platform that offers a new way to experience the most engaging video content on the web. Pluto.TV curates continuous programming around areas of passion including music, sports, news, entertainment, comedy, lifestyle, technology, art & culture, education and kids for free, available 24/7 and on any device.
Michael Braun, ID (212) 334-0333
Michael Kutach, ID (323) 822-4800
Kim Veasey, ID (323) 822-4800