Despite Continued Economic Uncertainty, Entrepreneurial Firms Continue to Grow
-- Over half of entrepreneurs surveyed reported having created full-time jobs in the past six months, and nearly three-quarters expect to create full-time jobs in the coming six months --
- 55% of the EO entrepreneurs have added full-time jobs in the past six months.
- In the coming six months, 67% of entrepreneurs are expecting to create full-time jobs.
- 81% of entrepreneurs expect profit margins to increase over the next six months, while 84% expressed willingness to start a new business.
- 90% of entrepreneurs in South Asia and the United States reported either having created full-time jobs or experienced no change in their workforce.
- The US (72%) leads all regional job growth projections in the coming six months, followed by Europe/Middle East (70%), Canada (65%), Asia Pacific (62%), South Asia (61%) and Latin America/Caribbean (56%).
- 61% of business owners worldwide reported increased profit margins in the last six months. Over the same period, the US has reported the strongest profits (63%), followed by Europe/Middle East (62%), Latin America/Caribbean (61%) and Canada (61%). South Asia and Asia Pacific are lagging behind at 57% and 56%, respectively.
- Latin America/Caribbean (37%), South Asia (36%) and Canada (35%) report the greatest access to capital. Globally, 33% of entrepreneurs reported favorable environment for accessing capital.
To learn more about the Global Entrepreneur Indicator, visit: www.entrepreneurindicator.com.
The Entrepreneurs’ Organization (EO) is a dynamic global network of more than 9,500 business owners in 40 countries. Founded in 1987 by a group of young entrepreneurs, EO transforms the lives of the entrepreneurs who transform the world. EO is the catalyst that enables entrepreneurs to learn and grow, leading to greater business success and an enriched personal life. Membership in one of EO’s 131 chapters is by invitation only; the average member is 42 years old and has annual revenues of US$59.7 million. For more information, visit www.eonetwork.org.