“We’ve found that our fans are drawn to Man Candles that authentically capture unique and intangible fragrances,” said Hope Margala Klein, executive vice president, brand, innovation and merchandising for The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. “What could be more intriguing than capturing the scent of the great outdoors in a candle?! It’s sure to be a fun, unexpected gift for Father’s Day and graduation season.”
LIMITED EDITION MAN CANDLES– Cool, crisp fragrances bring a refreshing feel to any man cave. Price: $17.99 MSRP – $27.99 MSRP ($27.99 MSRP – Large Jar Candle; $17.99 MSRP – Footed Tumbler Candle)
- On Tap™ – The cool, golden aroma of a freshly poured draft beer. NEW!
- Camouflage – A natural, woodsy blend of fresh air, golden leaves and oak tree bark. NEW!
- Man Town™ – Escape to the man cave with this masculine blend of spices, woods and musk.
- MMM, Bacon!™ – The undeniably mouth-watering aroma of sizzling hickory smoked bacon.
- Riding Mower™ – Hot sun. Cool breeze. And the intensely summery scent of freshly cut grass.
To accompany the excitement around the latest iteration of Man Candles, the company is running a selection of social media contests beginning Tuesday, May 13, and running through Sunday, June 29, 2014. Now consumers can celebrate the new scents while finding inspiration for Father’s Day and graduation gifting with a chance to win “scentsational” prizes. The exciting social media contests include:
- On Tap Secret Bartender (5/13 – 5/16): Each day for one week, Yankee Candle will host a Happy Hour (one random hour between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. EST) during which fans will be encouraged to enter a Facebook timeline promotion. Four fans will be randomly selected to receive a free On Tap large jar candle from the new Man Candles collection.
- Heroes Wear Camo (5/19 – 6/8): Yankee Candle is asking its Facebook, Twitter and Instagram fans to share a picture of the hero in their lives. Whether a parent, teacher, mentor or service member, participants are asked what makes their relationship so meaningful, while tagging @YankeeCandle and using the hashtag #HeroesWearCamo. One winner will be selected at random each week from each platform to win one Yankee Candle large jar candle in Camouflage.
- Father Nose Best (5/26 – 6/1): Yankee Candle wants to hear the best advice their fans’ fathers ever gave them, and invite them to post directly to their Facebook wall or send a tweet using the hashtag #YCFathersNoseBest. Five winners from each platform will be selected to win the entire Man Candles collection, and Yankee Candle will choose its favorite entries to create custom images.
- Show Us Your Man Cave Instagram Contest (6/2 – 6/8): Yankee Candle will encourage fans to post photos of their own or their friend’s ”Man Cave“ to Instagram using the hashtag #YankeeCandleManCave. Man Caves are that special place in a home where guys go to escape. Three winners will be chosen to receive the complete Yankee Candle Man Candles collection!
Get a sneak peek at new On Tap™ and Camouflage with our ”Man Candles Collection“ video. To learn more about Yankee Candle’s limited edition Man Candles collection, visit www.yankeecandle.com, the brand’s Instagram (@TheYankeeCandleCompany) and Pinterest (TheYankeeCandle) pages, or join the conversation on Facebook at (facebook.com/TheYankeeCandleCompany) or on Twitter (@theyankeecandle, #ManCandles).
About The Yankee Candle Company
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc. is a leading designer, manufacturer, wholesaler and retailer of premium scented candles. Yankee Candle has a 43-year history of offering distinctive products and marketing them as affordable luxuries and consumable gifts. The Company sells its products through a North American wholesale customer network of approximately 35,000 store locations, a growing base of more than 500 Company owned and operated retail stores, direct mail catalogs, and its Internet website (www.yankeecandle.com). Outside of North America, the Company sells its products primarily through its subsidiary, Yankee Candle Company (Europe), Ltd., which has an international wholesale customer network.
About Jarden Corporation
Jarden Corporation is a leading provider of a diverse range of consumer products with a portfolio of over 120 trusted, quality brands sold globally. Jarden operates in three primary business segments through a number of well recognized brands, including: Outdoor Solutions: Abu Garcia®, AeroBed®, Berkley®, Campingaz® and Coleman®, ExOfficio®, Fenwick®, Gulp!®, Invicta®, K2®, Marker®, Marmot®, Mitchell®, PENN®, Rawlings®, Shakespeare®, Stearns®, Stren®, Trilene®, Völkl® and Zoot®; Consumer Solutions: Bionaire®, Breville®, Crock-Pot®, FoodSaver®, Health o meter®, Holmes®, Mr. Coffee®, Oster®, Patton®, Rival®, Seal-a-Meal®, Sunbeam®, VillaWare® and White Mountain®; and Branded Consumables: Ball®, Bee®, Bernardin®, Bicycle®, Billy Boy®, Crawford®, Diamond®, Dicon®, Fiona®, First Alert®, First Essentials®, Hoyle®, Kerr®, Lehigh®, Lifoam®, Lillo®, Loew Cornell®, Mapa®, NUK®, Pine Mountain®, Quickie®, Spontex®, Tigex® and Yankee Candle®. Headquartered in Florida, Jarden ranks #383 on the Fortune 500 and has over 30,000 employees worldwide. For further information about Jarden, please visit www.jarden.com.
The Yankee Candle Company, Inc.
413-665-8306 ext. 4695