Content We Love: Spotlight on CSR
Consumers want to feel good about the products they use, and they are holding you accountable. Shoppers want to know if a company's values align with their own. Today we're featuring companies that used Multichannel News Releases to make sure their CSR initiatives would stand out in a crowded media landscape – a strategy we love!
Since the end of the year, companies have been flooding the wire with results from their annual Corporate Social Responsibility reports. Beyond that, there was a 118% increase in CSR releases overall in 2020* – so how do you get your news to stand out? Great question! Pick one aspect: What is the story you want to tell? What initiatives are you most proud of?
- DICK'S Sporting Goods and The DICK'S Sporting Goods Foundation Deliver The Magic of Sport to 10,000 Kids With the Help of Candace Parker, Matt Ryan, Blake Griffin and The Pittsburgh Penguins
- Diamond Resorts Releases Limited-Edition @TheVacationDR Line to Support COVID-19 Relief
- Bar Louie Partners With No Kid Hungry To Help Fight Childhood Hunger This Holiday Season
Why it works: It's rare to find a company today that doesn't have a CSR program, which usually includes philanthropic events and programs. But these MNRs go above and beyond by giving their audience something to DO with this news – donate now. And MultiVu will track the success of this effort by measuring website clicks and other engagement actions.
- Volvo Trucks launches a complete range of electric trucks starting in Europe in 2021
- Bulleit Teams Up with American Forests to Plant One Million Trees Over the Next Five Years in Continued Fight Against Climate Change
- U.S. Dairy Advances Journey to Net Zero Carbon Emissions by 2050
Why it works: Big corporations are able to impact climate change at a pace beyond any political or individual action. Meaningful corporate action is necessary as climate change accelerates, and using an MNR with 10k guaranteed page views is a great way to help solidify your environmental health reputation.
- AI reveals racial disparities in New York City homeownership
- S.Pellegrino Presents S.Pellegrino Young Chef Academy To Promote Change, Sustainability and Inclusivity Around The World
- Nordstrom Expands Inclusive Beauty Assortment
Why it works: In 2020, we saw more and more companies taking a stand on social issues, but lasting change will require more than statements of support. These companies used branded landing pages from MultiVu to unveil initiatives for addressing racism in their products and shared action plans for a more inclusive workforce. Each MNR showcases videos and infographics with a wide-reaching distribution, expanding beyond company-owned channels to reach new audiences and gain earned media attention.
Our experts at MultiVu partner with you to achieve your unique communication objectives using the most personalized, innovative, and efficient tools available. Ready to get started or have questions about your next project? Tell us what you need or collaborate with a MultiVu digital content advisor to plan an engaging strategy.
* Cision's 2020 State of the Press Release Report
ABOUT THE EXPERT: Erica Crist
Erica Crist is a Senior Customer Content Specialist with PR Newswire, Marketing Intern with MultiVu, and an expert on press release distribution. She graduated with a B.A. in Journalism and Mass Communication from Kent State University and has been with Cision ever since. She lives in Cleveland and has never tried a cheese she didn’t like.
MultiVu is the strategic team at Cision dedicated to the creation and targeted distribution of creative content. Our award-winning diverse pool of industry-leading talent are extremely passionate about partnering with our clients, bringing best-in-class stories and concepts to life, and getting those stories to the audiences who want to experience them most. To start crafting your story, visit us online at www.multivu.com.