PANDEMIC PR – How Savvy Comms Pros Turned “Virtual” into “Viral” Earned Media Coverage
Over the past 14 months, communications professionals have pivoted like never before. Some had to do more with less, (i.e. staff and budget reductions) and everyone was thrust into a new way of doing business – virtually.
Pre-pandemic, organizations and brands invested heavily in face-to-face interactions with key media and influencer contacts at conferences, media/influencer events, etc. These in-person events often drove earned media coverage and engagement that helped launch new products/services or announced important news to each stakeholder.
Stymied by the loss of in-person engagements, savvy communications pros have quickly pivoted and partnered with MultiVu to produce virtual media events over the past several months.
These virtual events are fully customized to meet the needs of each organization or brand. Here are the Top 5 success factors we see with each:
- Exclusive Event – These virtual events are designed for your “media friendlies” as a series of one-on-one virtual interviews or a one-to-many event where clients invite 20-30 of their top media contacts to attend a one-hour LIVE virtual media event
- B-Roll & Video Content – We will ensure each outlet has the media assets to turn this exclusive event into dynamic coverage by capturing critical b-roll to provide as a takeaway for the media attending these exclusive virtual events
- Embargoed Stories – The most successful events we’ve supported have provided at least a week of lead time for the media attending to be able to work on their stories AND include meaningful video content
- Personal Touch – Many of our clients have pulled off sending each attending media contact the product in advance (or very close to the event itself), so they could have a personal experience with the brand while hearing firsthand from the brand ambassadors during the live media event
- Tier 2 Media Contacts – In order to extend the amount of media covering the product launch, clients are providing a link to the replay, access to the b-roll video and other important assets to all media either not invited to the exclusive event or those that couldn’t attend via our Multichannel News Release (MNR). These MNRs are sent out the day the embargo lifts for the top media friendlies to run their stories
The best part? These virtual media events are executed at a fraction of the cost of previous in-person events, AND clients see significantly more earned media coverage!
Please reach out and contact us if you’re interested in learning more about ways MultiVu can help drive better earned media coverage.
ABOUT THE EXPERT: Matt Batt
Matt Batt has spent more than 20 years garnering earned media results for some of the biggest brands including Kohler, Allstate, Sears and many others. Prior to taking the reigns as Divisional VP for MultiVu’s Central Region, Matt managed a number of consumer brands as SVP at Zeno Group in Chicago. At MultiVu, Matt continues to innovate client solutions and bring decades of communications experience to help clients distance themselves and their results from competition.
When not planning virtual media events for clients, Matt is busy coaching one of his three sons sports teams, planning trips with his wife or supporting the non-profit he co-founded called Project B3, which empowers and enables youth to leverage this new digital society for positive results.
MultiVu is the strategic team at Cision dedicated to the creation and targeted distribution of creative content. Our award-winning diverse pool of industry-leading talent are extremely passionate about partnering with our clients, bringing best-in-class stories and concepts to life, and getting those stories to the audiences who want to experience them most. To start crafting your story, visit us online at www.multivu.com.