Bryan Bruchman, Creative Video Producer
Where were you born?
- I was born in New Jersey
What university did you attend and what did you study?
- I studied Film & TV production at NYU
Where are you currently based?
- I live on Long Island, just outside NYC.
Tell us a little about your background before working at MultiVu.
- Prior to joining MultiVu, I worked in the music industry as a video and podcast producer and host.
What led you to working at MultiVu?
- When the music website where I had been working for most of the past decade closed down, I began looking in other industries where I could put my productions skills to use, when a former coworker told me about the opportunities at MultiVu, and how great the team was to work with.
What’s one thing that surprised you about working at MultiVu?
- The collaborative nature of the team and the wide variety of clients that we work with.
What’s the biggest misconception people have about your position?
- As a producer, people often assume that means that we single-handedly do all of the work – shooting/editing videos, designing graphics, etc. – but the reality is that we have an excellent team of collaborators from designers to editors and other producers who work together to deliver every project.
What’s a mistake you made early on in your career, and what did you learn from it?
- With my first few internships and jobs (in the film/TV industry) I learned a lot and had some great opportunities but didn’t invest much in relationships with the people in those companies or those we worked with. Over the years, largely through my involvement in the music and art communities, I learned about how important it was to network and build genuine relationships in your work and hobbies.
Just for fun:
When you’re not at work, you can be found…
- At home with my family or out at a concert.
What are you currently streaming or reading?
- I just watched the first four seasons of Stranger Things, which is pretty incredible all-around.
What’s one song you have completely memorized?
- I can (and will, to the dismay of any other passengers) sing along to just about anything that was on alternative radio between 1994-1998, but these days my son’s obsession with Spider-Man has the tv show theme song (the Ramones version) stuck in my head pretty often!
MultiVu, a Cision/PR Newswire division, produces and places compelling content strategically across multiple channels globally to deliver targeted results and drive desired engagement. Created in 2002 from network news veterans and media relations professionals, MultiVu has grown into a content creation and media strategy company, leading in the broadcast communications industry. More information can be found on www.multivu.com.