Stanley Krulc, Divisional Vice President
Where were you born?
- I was born in Euclid, Ohio – about 20 minutes east of Cleveland.
What university did you attend and what did you study?
- I attended Kent State University and majored in Business Administration, Minored in Marketing, and also earned my professional Sales Certificate.
Where are you currently based?
- I am currently based in Lakewood, Ohio – about 15 minutes west of downtown Cleveland.
Tell us a little about your background before working at Cision/MultiVu..
- I actually started with Cision about 6 months after I graduated college! While looking for a job over those 6 months, I actually worked for a construction company doing home renovations, flooring, and siding. 5 ½ years later, here I am!
What led you to working at Cision/MultiVu?
- This is actually a funny story. I probably went on 15 first interviews the months leading up to my hiring at Cision and was told that you have to start in a sales support role before you can get into an actual selling role. Being the naïve fresh college graduate that I was, I believed every word. So, I applied for the open role to support the ISR teams on Meredith Vlna’s Sales Strategy team. While interviewing with her, she told me she couldn’t hire be because I should be in sales and that a support role was not for me. She then looped me in for an interview with Jenni Rumer and Carrie Estefani that went extremely well, and I ended up getting a call from Jenni not even 2 hours after I got home that same day with the job offer!
What’s one thing that surprised you about working at Cision/MultiVu?
- The thing that surprised me the most about working here was the opportunity for advancement! I have been with Cision since Dec of 2017 and in these past five years, I have been promoted 5 times! Its amazing to work for an organization that constantly pushes you to be the best version of yourself and climb the ladder as high as you can go.
What’s the biggest misconception people have about your position?
- Looking outside of MultiVu here, I have had people across the Cision family ask me what else we can do besides Multichannel News Releases and Satellite Media Tours. Yes, those two products are absolutely our most common, but there are so many creative solutions to help our clients tell their stories! Anything from distribution, to creative, to live events, to webcast, to broadcast and radio, and so much more, we have such a deep and experienced team that I wish more folks outside of MultiVu got to see in action.
What’s a mistake you made early on in your career, and what did you learn from it?
- Organization and attacking each day with a plan. When I first started as an Associate Account Executive, I’d let me email inbox run my day and didn’t follow a plan at all. I would lose multiple hours a day trapped in my inbox and felt 100% reactive with my clients. After following the advice of some great mentors along the way, I learned to start every day with a plan. Whether it be the last hour of work the day before, or the first hour of work the day of, I always map out what I wanted to get accomplished that day and which hours I would dedicate towards each action. Since then, I have been more productive and feel like I am running my days instead of my days running me
Just for fun:
When you’re not at work, you can be found…
- At the gym, playing/watching sports, or playing some video games with my buddies. I started weight training some local folks in my area and helping them achieve their fitness goals, which has been so much fun and so rewarding. Otherwise, I am a huge sports / Cleveland sports nut, so if I am not playing them myself, you can guarantee that I’m glued to a television watching.
What are you currently streaming or reading?
- I am currently reading “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki.
Rich Dad Poor Dad is all about your financial prowess and setting yourself up for success through passive income channels and money management.
It’s been a great read thus far and I highly recommend it!
Aside from re-watching “How I Met Your Mother” for the 25th time, I am also watching “The Boys” for the first time. Yes, I know I am late to the party here, but if you haven’t seen this show yet, you just found your plans for this weekend.
- I am currently reading “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert T. Kiyosaki. Rich Dad Poor Dad is all about your financial prowess and setting yourself up for success through passive income channels and money management. It’s been a great read thus far and I highly recommend it!
What’s one song you have completely memorized?
- I was never good at following directions, so I am going to pick 2! Keg in the Closet by Kenny Chesney and The Motto by Drake.
MultiVu, a Cision/PR Newswire division, produces and places compelling content strategically across multiple channels globally to deliver targeted results and drive desired engagement. Created in 2002 from network news veterans and media relations professionals, MultiVu has grown into a content creation and media strategy company, leading in the broadcast communications industry. More information can be found on www.multivu.com.