Square by Square - How to Create a Perfectly Curated Instagram Feed for your Brand
When it comes to social media, Instagram is the place to be. There are currently over 800 million Instagram users and around 48% of brands have an Instagram presence. If Social Media Week taught me anything, it was that Instagram is the social media platform that is in it for the long haul. If you're tasked with creating or rebranding your company's Instagram presence like I currently am, follow these simple steps to create a feed that is both informative and tells a story.
- Feed the feed: Post compelling content to your Instagram feed that garners engagement. Thanks to constant changes in the algorithm, it now isn't a bad thing to post multiple times a day. Find a schedule that works best for your brand and stick to it. There are many programs that let you preload your posts so there is no reason not to set them up in advance!
- Find your flow: Whether you're posting static images, looping gifs, or industry relevant tips, be sure to create a theme that flows and tells a story. That means things like using a defined color palette and filter for your photos. You want your feed to be cohesive and not frenetic.
- Frame your photos: If you follow any of Instagram's top influencers, you'll see their feeds have perfectly curated photos that follow a uniform aesthetic. Take a tip from the pros and be sure that your photos are properly framed, well-lit, and curated in a way that makes them fit into the overall feel of your feed.
- Followers matter: No one will come to your party if you're not going to theirs. While your follower count “ain't nothing but a number,” your followers ARE important. Like, comment, and engage with your followers and they will do the same. Instagram lets you see who is watching your stories, so why not and go to their feed and watch theirs too?
- Focus on your brand: What's the first thing you do before making a purchase? Do your research, of course. If you want anyone to buy what your brand is selling, you need to be sure your content represents not only the quality of your brand but is in line with your mission statement.
- Have FUN: Curating an Instagram feed doesn't have to feel like a job. Have fun with it! The Instagram stories feature gives you a chance to break out of the grid and create content on the go. Add fun filters, stickers, and gifs to your stories to make them pop.
In creating our own Instagram feed, we practice what we preach! Be sure to follow multivusocial for a fully revamped feed launching in a few weeks.
MultiVu, a Cision/PR Newswire division, produces and places compelling content strategically across multiple channels globally to deliver targeted results and drive desired engagement. Created in 2002 from network news veterans and media relations professionals, MultiVu has grown into a content creation and media strategy company, leading in the broadcast communications industry. More information can be found on www.multivu.com.