Amplify Your Brand with the Power of Times Square
All MultiVu branded landing pages include distribution of an image to the Reuters board in New York City's Times Square. MultiVu can also arrange for your video to appear on the board! Besides the “wow” factor of seeing your content on this huge display in an iconic location, this presents an opportunity to boost social engagement by sharing this exciting imagery on your own social channels. Below are some examples of social media being used to boost the power of Times Square content (with links to the original posts when possible), information on the display itself and ways to optimize your content for its Times Square appearance.
Times Square Social Success Stories
Surrealist artist Santiago Ribeiro has used the power of Times Square to showcase his art.
Media outlets from around the world have picked up the story of Ribeiro's Times Square displays. He has shared numerous examples on his Twitter page.
Mega 97.9 NYC shared a video of a Times Square photo on Instagram promoting a new album by Romeo Santos. It's approaching 5k views!
About the Big Board and Times Square
- The billboard is located at 43rd St. & 7th Ave covering the entire SW corner of Times Square
- At 23 stories tall and over 7,300 square feet, it's one of the largest digital signs in the world
- Photos, along with captions, are displayed during morning and evening rush hours in 15 second increments
- 415K people walk and drive in Times Square daily
- 170K people work in Times Square
- 30 million tourists visit Times Square annually
Make Sure Your Content Is Ready to Be Up in Lights
- Include a social component like an easy-to-remember hashtag or Twitter handle. This can be added to the image itself along with the caption, since viewers may focus on the image rather than the accompanying caption.
- Images should be high contrast, for example a light background with a light subject may blend together, especially in winter light conditions. Bold colors look great on the board.
- If your image has text, please make sure it is not too small to be readable. Adding too much text, like a text-heavy infographic, is not a good idea. Keep it simple.
- Infographics can work as long as they have a small amount of easily readable text and are not too tall or wide. Images that are closer to square render best on the board.
High-Res Photos, Video? We Can Do It
We can send a professional photographer to capture the moment your content is “up in lights” with a high-resolution photo (example).
Custom Times Square video distribution is available for 30 or 60 second videos.
Low-resolution, automated snapshots of all Times Square images are provided.
Times Square photo placement can be purchased as a standalone service.
Make the Most of This Distribution “Extra”
After creating your Multichannel News Release, the Times Square photo may seem like a bit of an afterthought, but this aspect of your Multichannel distribution plan has serious potential to boost your message, bring more eyes to your content and, with some smart social sharing, it may just go viral.
ABOUT THE EXPERT: Matt McCoy
Matt McCoy is a Client Success Manager with MultiVu. He has been with MultiVu since 2014 and PR Newswire since 2004.
MultiVu, a Cision/PR Newswire division, produces and places compelling content strategically across multiple channels globally to deliver targeted results and drive desired engagement. Created in 2002 from network news veterans and media relations professionals, MultiVu has grown into a content creation and media strategy company, leading in the broadcast communications industry. More information can be found on www.multivu.com.